Filming the Final Scene

This was the scene that had been put off the most and I was excited and scared to film it at the same time. I'm aware that getting children to do what you need them to is a difficult task. However, I was hopeful that the little girl I was working with would be compliant since I'd known her for years. She'd never seemed to be a troublemaker and was hoping she would stay this way for the duration of the filming process. At first, everything started off smoothly. When I first got to her house, I settled down and asked her to bring over her Barbie dolls so I could see what I was working with. A large box was brought over full of dolls and toys, and I discovered she had exactly what I was looking for. Two dolls, one blonde, one brunette, and even a table with a plate of sweets and a drink, to replicate what we had in the film. I started explaining what I needed her to do, which is when I was met with her own input on what she thought I should do. It was quite hard to get her to agree to my terms, and some compromise had to be involved, but everything eventually worked out. It took quite a while, about an hour, of directing to get things the way I wanted. There were many little issues that came up, like her getting up too fast or missing cues. It felt as though as soon as one issue was fixed, another arose, and I started to think I would never get the full, completed scene. However, one final clip was finally created that I thought was perfect. Then, I had to get to the very last shot, where the camera slowly zooms out of the floor with toys on the ground. My group wasn't able to facetime during this filming, so I communicated through text for most of it. For some reason, my texts stopped going through when this last scene was to be filmed, so I couldn't ask them for their input. Instead, I decided to take a variety of different shots from different angles, hoping that everyone would ultimately agree on one. After taking about 5 or 6 different videos of the last shot, I decided it was a wrap. I thanked my friend and her sister for the cooperation I was given and I made my way back home. Once I got home, I had wifi and sent over all the videos, to which I got great feedback from the rest of my group. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Filming Blog

Filming preparation