Finally time to edit

At last, the filming process was over and the really fun process was about to start, editing. Addison wanted to take a sort of lead in the editing since this was one of her strong suits. Still, she agreed with me to split some of the work. I felt bad to pin it all on her, whether it was something she enjoyed or not. I felt that it was the right thing to do to at least split some of the editing up among the group. This way, not only would one person not have to do everything, the film could have a piece of everyone's creative work. She said she could use some help on a couple of the final scenes, so I got straight to work. I already had the last two shots that incorporated the little girl and the dolls, so it was perfect. There would be no hassle trying to send over the shots, which I have unfortunately experienced before. I decided to edit in iMovie because it was the most accessible for me. It was free on my apple devices and I could access it on both my phone and laptop. Being able to make use of it from my laptop was the most important aspect, to me. Last year, I didn't have this laptop and had to do most of my editing directly from my phone. This made certain things hard to do and made certain features hard to work with. Now, however, I had more accessibility, more creative freedom, and more of a chance to create a great project. Before I even started editing, though, I decided to familiarize myself with the app. I played around with some random videos that didn't have anything to do with my film. I didn't want to risk messing up the videos for the project. I focused on things like the transitions, sounds, colors, and music. After feeling pretty comfortable with using the app, I was tired so I closed out of it and left the real editing of the film for another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Filming Blog

Filming preparation