Having to Refilm

845 Action Movie Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock | Movie scene, Car  chase, Explosion

The next day came fairly quickly and it was time to refilm. Since Dara and I had decided to not go to Addison's house physically, I sat on my bed and waited for the facetime call. At about 12:15, everyone was on the call and Addison and Violet began getting ready. Once the costumes, hair, and makeup were finished, filming was ready to begin. Addison decided to prop her phone up on a tripod to film the scene. There were no other group members there, so everyone decided it would suffice. However, problems quickly arose. Addison's dog immediately jumped on the bed and it was hard to keep him out of the shots. If he was locked out of the room, his barking would disrupt the scene, so there really was no other option. Besides the dog, my group and I all came to the conclusion that the tripod made the scene lose some of its creepy feels. Everyone agreed it looked way better before when a person's hand was holding the camera. Little things like moving the camera around in the slightest to focus on a specific object or person, or even the slight shakiness of the camera brought a sense of authenticity to the scene. The tripod was simply not able to recreate this. After several tries and failed attempts, Dara and I decided to quickly head over to Addison's house to help quickly film this one scene. I got ready as fast as I could and drove over to Addison's house. When I got there, Dara was already present, and the filming process began almost immediately. It took a couple minutes, but after some hiccups, the scene was fully recorded. Now that this was done, there was one more scene left to tackle, the final scene. The reason this scene hadn't been filmed yet was that a child was needed to play with the dolls that represented Violet and Addison. I remembered my friend had a little sister who had plenty of dolls and I told my group that I could film the final scene within the following week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Filming Blog

Filming preparation